I do volunteer work on community blogs, a few of them specific to my Northern Manhattan neighborhood in NYC.
I create and do upkeep of approximately 60 online publications, such as those I worked on this week that include Digi Refer, DIY DIgi, Home Business Achievers, Home Business Awards and Home Business Digital.
II have been interested in technology and its impact on how human beings interact with each other, literally for decades.
In fact, have been using technology as a multipurposed tool, going all the way back to age 8 starting in 1970, moving forward through the 70’s, ’80s,’90s, 2000s, 2010s and now the 2020s.
A theme that has come up along the way is “repurposing.”
The following 7 steps are all about repurposing, which is terrific as both a time saver and project multiplier. There is nothing new in the following 7 steps, nor am I currently using them myself, but they are all based on things I have done with technology myself over the decades.
- ONLINE LIVE: Imagine this. You have just sent your email newsletter out to subscribers, whereupon you begin to plan the one coming up in a week by staging a live and video event in any form you want available for free is so very many venues (recording the event of course). The content is on, let us say, 5 different topics that are really subheadings of an industry of some kind.
- VIDEO PODCAST: Next you take the recording and put up an audio/video podcast version of it.
- AUDIO PODCAST: This is followed by doing an audio-only version as well in other ways.
- BLOGS. Next the audio is converted (if it has not already been done so) into as starter-text for 5 blogs that are of the same 5 subtopics you did in your first event live.
- NEWSLETTER: The blog content is accessed by the newsletter occurring a week from the live event.
- EDUCATION: The 5 topics of subheadings, are fused into an educational format such as an eBook or course, done for free for the good of the people who want to learn more about the header industry.
- LEARNERS of all ages go over the the free educational eBook or course, giving their feedback on what they learned, as well as maybe making suggestions of what is missing and in a report from their personal blogs, give feedback. The feedback is then integrated into educational content to further enhance it.